Monday Motivation


⬥⬩⬥

Here's one I've been thinking about for a while recently. 

I think once you graduate from high school or college, or realize a new passion, or feel like there's just something in life you've been called to do, you also may think to yourself... "Holy crap. Those are BIG dreams."

You know what they say, bigger IS better! When it comes to doing what you love, there are no boundaries. There are no dreams too big to accomplish, there is no goal too large to tackle. So long as you plan, set, and act toward your goals, there is no way you can fail.

But sometimes, even I get the feeling I'm being too ambitious. I see myself making all these plans to be a freelance writer for the next couple of years, working my butt off from home by day blogging and making tons of content for companies from the comfort of my own laptop and couch. I dream of working the rest of my time at some little publishing company, being an assistant editor or a proofreader, then coming home to my cats, plopping down on my bed, and planning ahead of myself to do it all over again the next day.

I make a ton of To Do lists. I plan, I write everything down, and I have several notebooks and planners. As a recent college grad, there is A LOT I want to do, and a lot I can really see myself doing. But the reality is that I'm only one person. I'm currently unemployed as I wait for an interview later in the summer. I live at home with my parents and siblings. Life is not glamorous at the moment, but that doesn't mean I won't one day be living exactly how I want to. At times, all of my goals and dreams and where I see myself in five years is a little scary. How will I make it all happen? 

That's the beauty of having big dreams and even bigger plans. Part of the fun is in the journey--sometimes, off the beaten dusty path into different territory for a cooking gig at a BBQ restaurant--sometimes head-on into buying the apartment you fell in love with last year, or finally saving up enough money for a laptop that will kick-start your blogging job. And if it seems totally daunting to want the things you want out of life, that means you're on the right track.

Whatever you want to do right now is exactly what you are meant to do, and all the necessary steps you're taking to make those dreams a reality are exactly what you should be doing. And whenever you feel like what you want out of life is too frightening, too expensive, too risky, or too boring, remember that you were meant for UNIQUE and AMAZING things. You have drive, you have ambitions in life, and you have all the motivation you'll ever need right now. 

So go, right now, and start. Start NOW! Grab a pen and a cute notebook and start writing it all down: the kind of person you want to be, your dream job, where you want your YouTube channel to be in a year, what kind of car you'll finally buy once you've saved enough money. Start planning your dream, imagine how satisfied and happy you'll be at the outcome. 
And start acting as if it is already promised to you.

Good luck this week achieving all your goals! Have any you'd like to share? Leave a comment below!

      ♡ Olivia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Track 2: Expectations

Track 3: Around the Fire

Sample: What Will Kill Me